Sunday, April 26, 2015

Other Hobbies of Mine

I would like to take a moment and highlight a few other hobbies I have besides tearing apart clothes. A few years ago my grandmother gave me a container of embroidery thread that she had not used for a very long time.

I began creating bracelets and necklaces of all kinds. While looking on Pinterest for new ideas, I came across the idea to wrap headphones in embroidery thread as a tangle-free solution.

I instantly loved the idea and began looking for more examples. I found pins that linked to Etsy pages. They were selling them for $28-32.

A light bulb went off in my head. I thought if I could make these and sell these in my free time, I could use the money to pay off the principle on my student loans while still in collage.

For a little over a year now I have been wrapping headphones for friends here and there. Through the help of scholarship money I have been able to purchase bulk headphones and embroidery thread.

Once I have enough inventory I will be creating my own Etsy page selling “Twisted Tunes.” Be sure to come back and check out my page.



Photo credit: Brista Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment