Friday, February 6, 2015

Introduction

Hi, my name is Brista Robinson and I am currently a senior at Washburn University. I am double majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship & Innovations and minoring in Mass Media with an emphasis in Public Relations.

In my spare time I love crafting and re-purposing old t-shirts. I first became interested in re-using old clothes when I had my son, Jazz, seven years ago. I have been saving his favorite shirts ever since. I plan to make him a blanket someday and present it to him upon graduation.

Creating this blog is part of my minor, but I've secretly always wanted to write one. Over the course of the semester, and who knows maybe even longer, I will be posting different ways that you can re-purpose t-shirts and other clothes in your closet; or if you’re like me from garage sales and thrift stores. I will include step-by-step instructions with helpful tips and pictures. 

Please feel free to leave feedback about your own projects or ask questions. I would love to see your end results and thanks for visiting my blog! 

3 comments:

  1. This is so creative, I never thought of doing that. How did you get this idea? Does Jazz know what you do with his shirts or is it a surprise at graduation? Are their any other projects you are working on at this time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I got the idea from an old patch corduroy blanket of my grandmothers. We've been collectively saving for years. He wants me to finish sooner, and I might, but I want to at least wait until he's out of elementary school. I plan to make lots of different things. Some that I have in mind right now are a rug, cat tent, macrame plant hanger, and of course some tank tops I can wear.

    ReplyDelete