Saturday, February 28, 2015

Three Braid T-Shirt Scarf



As spring approaches I thought it would be fun to make a few scarfs that don't necessarily need to serve a purpose. If you haven't guessed my favorite color is purple and I happened found this awesome purple tie dye at a thrift store. I knew it would be perfect for some spring scarves.  

The scarf is easy to make and only takes about 45 minutes to create. The shirts I used were size medium, but any size would work. The larger and wider your shirt, the longer your scarf will be. For this project I only used three strands of the tie dye shirt. The rest I used in a half-braid t-shirt scarf


...



Let me know what you think or if you have any questions. If you choose to use two or three different colors play around with the color combination before you commit to braiding. 

Photo Credit: Brista Robinson

8 comments:

  1. Now that's cool, your incredibly creative, are these all your original idea's? Also the addition of the slide show is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They aren't completely my own ideas. I take a combination of the same instructions from Pinterest and re-write them in a way that is much easier to follow...or so I hope so.

      Delete
  2. That is really cool, I was like what is this going to look like at the end, I wasn't to sure. I almost can't believe you made it from some old t shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see the variety and diversity of your creativeness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to bring other ideas to the table besides just t-shirts cut up into tank tops.

      Delete